Sunday 20 September 2015

Throwin' a fly on Barton Creek

Went to Barton Creek this afternoon to see what was happening there. Too many people. It was 7:15 when I was able to wade and have enough space to cast. That was fine, because as the sun went down the bugs came out. Lots of dragon flies feasting, so I tied on on. After a few casts twits shore and no takers I started playing around with the fly on the surface. I tossed it on the surface and lifted the rod tip and gave it a few twitches. Just a few feet away from me It grabbed the attention of a four inch bass. Needless to say the fly was almost bigger than him, but he gave it a try.
I really liked the action I was getting with this technique, so a made a longer cast to deeper water and had an immediate blow up, but I missed. I made one more cast above my previous and was able to get a good hook set on a 13 inch large mouth.
Attached Images


from how to catch bass http://ift.tt/1V4ClZ5 via striped bass fishing
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1gF4Nmu

No comments:

Post a Comment