Monday 5 October 2015

Local pond report 10-4

went back to the local pond with the kiddo. He wanted to throw his new hula popper and catch one bass. Temp was in upper seventies around 10:30. Water was down a foot, stained but clearer then usual, and looked better then a couple weeks ago. He threw his popper and I threw a t-rig water melon red flake fluke. No luck. So, he switched to a watermelon black seed fluke and I switched to a trig senko in watermelon with red and green flake (basically my number one bait on the pond). I hooked into one but he shook it while I was passing the pole to the kiddo. A couple minutes later I felt a tap and I layed the wood on one. Passed it to kiddo. Line starts stripping out as he is trying to reel, so I tightened the drag a smidge. He even said, whimpering “dad, I think it’s to big”. He kept at it though. Got it close to shore and he handed pole to me, grabbed his net and gave it a go. It was to big for the net. Unhooked it and he released it back in the water. He was pretty pumped. He then needed to pee in the bushes and wanted to play on the playground.



from how to catch bass http://ift.tt/1FOJyel via this contact form
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1LskDiI

No comments:

Post a Comment