Monday 5 October 2015

Saved the skunk

Headed down the street to Lake Pflugerville this morning around 9:30am. Fished till about 11am without a bite so I decided to head back to the truck. I’m almost back to the truck when I see a decent bass sitting in about a foot of water. Decided to throw my senko out, kind of expecting him to be spooked off. I throw it about 10 yards passed him in some weeds and started slowly twitching it toward him. Got close and he swam up to investigate but didn’t take it. Threw it out again, got it close to him and slowed it down, letting it sit for about 5-10 seconds before barely twitching it again. He turned and grabbed it by the end, I was a little too excited to I tried to set the hook too early, I don’t even think he had the hook in his mouth. Cursing myself as he started to jolt away, but then noticed he turned and settled just about 6 feet from where he was. Decided to throw it at him again, surely he’s not going to take it again.. Same technique, nice and slow, got it close he turned and grabbed it, this time I was ready, waited a second and set the hook. Fish on… Measured 15 inches. Not bad… at least I saved the skunk and it was the first bass I’ve caught by visually spotting. I saw a larger one in the same area but it swam off. ImageUploadedByOutdoor Forums1443894436.832063.jpg


from how to catch bass http://ift.tt/1PZONYD via this contact form
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1LskAU8

No comments:

Post a Comment