Monday 5 October 2015

The Strop 10/3and10/4

-I hit up Bastrop yesterday 10/3 for a solo trip. Fished dusk till noon.
air temp at launch 55*
water temp 83*
calm winds pushing to 5-10mph later
I had in mind to go out and see if the fall shallow pattern was starting and it didn’t disappoint.I started out with a Pop R in 3-7 fow.I had 7 in the boat before 8am. swithed to texas rigged plastics and had a few bites but that was about it.Tried to get a square bill bite but no takers. Off the water at noon.

Me and the wife got on the water this morning 10/4 at 7:30 and I went right back to where I had the best luck yesterday. Tried the Pop R again and caught one keeper on it. Swithed to a chatter bait slow rolled through the grass and picked up 2 healthy 17 inchers and one 16 that weighed probably about a pound. it was the skinniest fish I have seen on Bastrop.My wife threw her trusty Carolina rig all morning and didn’t get bit. off the water around 10:30.
air temp 59 at launch
water temp 83
wind out of the north 5 mph.


from how to catch bass http://ift.tt/1PZOPzN via this contact form
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1LskDiQ

No comments:

Post a Comment