Tuesday 25 August 2015

Fly Rod for Bass and Saltwater Fishing?

For a while now I have wanted a heavier fly rod that I can throw big bass flies with. I am also going to be traveling in the fall and want to try my hand at some light saltwater fishing.

Is it possible to find a rod that can double for both? I am still really new to fly fishing and have only used an 8'6" 5 weight so far. I started reading some online, but people seem to recommend different lengths for saltwater fishing, and some specialized bass rods are pretty short, like 7-8’.

I’m not sure what my budget for a rod is yet. I am having to buy a decent amount of other equipment, so still figuring out quite a few things. I don’t think I can afford 2 more fly rods on top of everything else, so getting something that is multi-use would be ideal.

Orvis salt rods 9-10’
Clearwater Saltwater Fly Rods – Orvis

Orvis switch rods 11-14’. These look interesting, but have not heard much about the switch style.
Clearwater Switch & Spey Rods – Orvis

I started looking at Orvis first because that’s what I have currently. Any advice is appreciated.


from how to catch bass http://ift.tt/1LzODZs via how to catch bass
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1U5GwbC

No comments:

Post a Comment